Friday, May 30, 2014

Tropical Favorites for the Summer

I have been loving the tropical trend for this summer and I can't get enough of the fun prints, bright colors, and yummy scents. Anything that reminds me of Maui or makes me feel like I am living near the ocean - count me in! 

James and I have been opening up our windows and doors during the day and it has been such an enjoyable experience. From our house you can hear the waves crashing and the birds chirping outside and you can even feel an occasional cool lake breeze. I just close my eyes and pretend I am somewhere exotic. 

I think that is my favorite thing about our home - that it feels like I am staying at a retreat. My home really is my getaway and I think that's how it should be.

Since the tropics have been on my mind, I thought it would be fun to share list of my tropical favorites for this summer (or year-round). Enjoy.

Pineapple Hat from Forever 21 //


I got this hat from Forever 21 and I am loving it so much! I think every girl should have a pink hat and pineapples are all the rage right now. :)


Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo/Conditioner by OGX //



This shampoo smells like you are washing your hair on a tropical island. I love the sulfate-free formula. It gently cleanses and hydrates for silky smooth hair.


Hawaiian Pineapple Facial Cleanser by Alba //


Okay, this is one of my favorite face washes right now. The pineapple scent is to die for and I love the way it makes my skin feel - nice and clean and doesn't dry me out. 


Coconut Body Lotion from Love & Beauty //


I got this lotion from Forever 21 and it is the perfect tropical lotion - it smells just like pina colada! I have repurchased it a couple of times because I use it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment